AutoCAD For Architects
Which Laptop Should You Use?
AutoCAD is used across a wide range of industries, by architects, project managers, engineers, graphic designers, town planners and many other of today’s professionals. It uses computer-aided design (CAD) and drafting software that can be run on both desktops and laptops. With the need to work outside the office, today’s professionals need to use AutoCAD on laptops. But which laptops are the best to use with AutoCAD?
Here Are Our Top Picks For The 8 Best AutoCAD Laptops of 2018
We’ve shortlisted the 8 best laptops for AutoCAD. Apart from a powerful processor, high RAM and FHD screen, the important component that matters the most is the
GPU (Graphics Processing Unit).
Every CAD software defines the minimum hardware requirements that you must take into consideration. All the laptops picked here in the list are compatible to work with any 2D or 3D modeling and provide the necessary precision and speed required to render these graphics-rich tasks.
1. MSI WE72 Workstation Laptop
You can’t resist this workstation machine after reading its specifications. Manufactured for architects and professional designers, this CAD laptop has a large IPS 17.3 inch anti-glare screen for better viewing. The graphics are taken care of by NVIDIA Quadro with a whopping 4GB video memory for optimum precision in drawings. The high performance is delivered by an Intel i7 7700HQ processor and 32Gb RAM.
- Operating System: Windows 10 PRO
- Display: 17.3″ FHD, Anti-Glare eDP IPS-Level | Resolution: 1920×1080
- Processor: Core i7-7700HQ (2.8-3.8GHz) | Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro M2200 4GB DDR5
- RAM: 32GB (16GBx2) DDR4 2400MHz | Hard Drive: 512GB M.2 SATA
- Special features: 3 Year Warranty | ISV Certified | True Color Technology | RGB Color Backlit Keyboard
2. Lenovo P50
Lenovo P50 is the best CAD laptop that comes pre-installed with Windows 7 Pro with free updates for Windows 10 professional. Work on various CAD software with its powerful Intel i7-6700HQ (6MB cache), 32 GB RAM and a high capacity 1TB SSD storage drive. The graphics are handled by powerful NVIDIA Quadro M1000M GPU with 2GB video memory. It also comes with various RAM and hard disk variants.
- Processor: Intel Hexa-Core i7-8750H (6 core) Processor (2.20GHz – 4.10GHz, 9MB cache)
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64 bit
- Display: 15.6″ FHD IPS 1920×1080 Display; Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro P1000 (4GB memory)
- Features: 32GB RAM, 500GB Solid State Drive; backlit keyboard, fingerprint reader
- RAM and Hard Drive Upgrade
3. MSI WS63 Workstation Laptop
This is again the best workstation laptop that’s optimum for architecture applications. It has a large storage drive of 2 TB SATA hard disk and a 256 GB solid state drive. The processing power is provided by Intel Core i7 and is equipped with a RAM of 16 GB. Loaded with Windows 10 Pro, the laptop is certified by ISVs in 3D modeling and other designing fields. Other key features include a fingerprint scanner and a three-year warranty.
- Operating System: Windows 10 PRO
- Display: 15.6″ Full HD eDP IPS-Level | Resolution: 1920×1080
- Processor: Core i7-7700HQ (2.8-3.8GHz) | Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro P3000 6GB DDR5
- RAM: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4 2400MHz | Hard Drive: 256GB SSD (PCIE Gen3 x4) + 2TB (SATA) 5400RPM
- Special Features: Ultra Thin and Light | ISV Certified | 3 Year Warranty | Fingerprint reader | Thunderbolt 3 | True Color Technology
4. DELL PRECISION M5510
No other laptop can beat this high-performance beast that’s perfect for AutoCAD. It’s loaded with a powerful server-grade Intel Xeon E3 processor, a large 32 GB RAM, and an SSD of 512GB capacity. Required for CAD programs, the laptop is equipped with dedicated NVIDIA Quadro 2GB GDDR5 graphics chip. It has a beautiful bezel-less 15.6 Inches screen with HD resolution of 1920×1080 pixels.
- Intel Xeon E3 1505M v5 2.8GHz
- 32GB 2133MHz DDR4
- 512GB NVME SSD
- NVIDIA Quadro M1000M 2GB GDDR5
- 15.6″ FHD IPS 1920×1080 Wide LED
5. HP Zbook 15u G4 Workstation
HP Zbook is specially designed for CAD and other architecture drawings. The laptop consists of a 2.7 GHz Intel Core 7th generation i7 processor and AMD FirePro W4190M GPU(2GB). Additionally, it’s equipped with 16 GB DDR4 RAM and 512 GB SSD. Pre-loaded with Windows 10 Pro (64-bit), the laptop has a full HD screen size of 15.6″.
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
- Ready to work and budget friendly
- Work as Long and as Hard as you want
- CPU: Intel Core i7 (7th Gen) 7500U / 2.7 GHz
- 5-15.99 inches
6. Microsoft Surface Book
This is the latest in the series of surface book from Microsoft that’s equipped with an 8th-generation i7 processor, 16 GB RAM, and storage capacity of 512 GB. To run the graphics hungry programs smoothly, it has an NVIDIA GeForce GPU with 6GB VRAM. The touchscreen is available in both 13 Inches and 15 Inches.
- Microsoft Surface Book 2 Features an 8th generation Intel Quad Core i7 Processor, 512 GB of storage, 16 GB RAM, and up to 17 hours of video playback
- Enhanced Graphics performance with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 discrete GPU w/6GB GDDR5 Graphics Memory
- The fastest Surface Book yet, with 4x more power
- Vibrant PixelSense Display: now available with a new 15″ touchscreen. Weight: Starting at 4.2 pounds including keyboard
- Four versatile modes of use and new USB-C port
7. Dell Inspiron 7000
Dell is a known brand for producing state-of-the-art laptops for AutoCAD and other CAD software. The laptop comes with hybrid storage that consists of a 1TB SATA hard disk and 128Gb SSD for faster booting. The graphics processing unit is comprised of discrete NVIDIA GTX 960M chip with 4GB GDDR5 video memory. Powered by Intel Core i7 and 16 Gb RAM, this laptop is highly recommended for beginners as well as professional CAD software users.
- 16GB DDR3, 128 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD; 15.6″ Full HD 1920 x 1080 Truelife LED-Backlit Display
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5; Intel Core i7-6700HQ Quad-Core processor, 2.6GHz can up to 3.5GHz
- Media Card Reader, Backlit Keyboard, 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.0, webcam
- 1 x Headphone/Microphone Combo Jack, 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x HDMI, 10/100/1000Mbps LAN
- Color: Black, Windows 10 Home (64-bit), 1″ Thin, 5.9lbs Weight, Battery: 6-Cell Lithium-Ion
8. HP Spectre x360 Mobile Workstation
HP Spectre is a convertible 2-in-1 Ultrabook that has all the necessary features to use it for CAD, modeling and animation works. This sleek and lightweight mobile gadget comes with a Kaby Lake i7 processor, 16GB memory, and lightning-fast 512GB SSD. It has a screen with a size of 15.6 Inches with a resolution of 3840×2160 pixels. The crisp and precise graphics are supported by NVIDIA GeForce 940MX with dedicated graphics memory of two GB.
- Intel Core i7-7500U (2.7 GHz, up to 3.5 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM / 512 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive
- 15.6″ Narrow Bezel UHD UWVA WLED-Backlit Touch Screen (3840 x 2160 / Micro Edge display / Micro Edge display
- Bang & Olufsen Audio with built-in speakers / Backlit keyboard / HP TrueVision Full HD IR Camera
- Thunderbolt 3 / USB 3.1 Type-C™ Gen 1 / USB Type-A 3.1 Gen 1 / HDMI
- Windows 10 Home / **Stylus Pen and HP Sleeve NOT included***
Need Help Deciding Which Laptop Is Right For You?
All the laptops listed here are high performing workstations that are ideal for all your architecture and 3D modeling tasks. If you want to upgrade your old workstation laptop or you’re planning to buy a new one, we can help you pick the one that is best for your needs this year.
bestlaptopsworld.com Sep 11, 2018
Need help finding the right laptop for AutoCAD? Contact eSOZO for help with this or any other architectural software.