Maya 3D Graphics Software For Architects
Best Laptops For Maya 3D?
Autodesk’s Maya 3D animation, modeling, simulation, and rendering software is an integrated, powerful toolset. It’s perfect for architectural rendering. With its powerful and comprehensive Computer Graphics (CG) pipeline core, you can tackle any 3D designing and rendering challenge imaginable.
The Following Are The Recommended Specifications For Laptops To Run Maya 3D
Minimum: Intel Core i7-6700HQ or better
Typical: Intel Core i7-7820HK
Video Card (GPU)
Minimum: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M or better
Typical: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Minimum:16G or better
Maya 3D 2018 runs on Windows, macOS and Linux.
What Are The Best Laptops For Maya 3D?
The following laptops meet the system requirements set by Autodesk Maya 2018’s developers. There are no performance standards defining how well a recommended system should perform (some developers overestimate them, others can be a bit optimistic). But we would expect those systems to handle anything easily except for the most painstakingly complex tasks.
1. MSI GP63 Leopard 15″ Gaming Laptop
This laptop is relatively light for its power, so if you need to carry a laptop to and from the office, this could be a compelling product.
- Display: 15.6″ FHD (1920*1080), 120Hz 3ms Wide view 94%NTSC Color Anti-Glare | Operating System: Win 10 Multi-language
- Processor: Core i7-8750H Hexa-Core (6 Cores) 3.9 – 4.1GHz
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6G GDDR5
- Memory (RAM): 16GB (8G*2) DDR4 2400MHz 2 Sockets; Max Memory 32GB | Storage: 128GB M.2 SATA + 1TB (7200RPM)
- Special Features: VR Ready | Black | Killer Gaming Network E2400 | Steel Series Full-color backlight with Anti-Ghost key+ silver lining | USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type C *1
2. ASUS ROG Strix Hero II 15″ Gaming Laptop
This is an excellent laptop, and it’s compact enough to carry around on a regular basis. It’s also capable of running the most creative tasks out there.
- Slim 0.9” profile and lightweight 5.6 lbs body with dragonscale pattern. 15.6” 120Hz Full HD IPS-Type Panel designed for maximum contrast and clarity
- 7th-generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ quad-core 2.8GHz (Turbo to 3.8GHz) with discrete GeForce GTX 1060 6GB graphics. Dual-fan thermal design
- 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD + 1TB FireCuda SSHD for a combination of fast OS drive speed and high capacity storage
- Aura RGB lighting keyboard with 4 isolated hotkeys, 1.8mm key travel, and anti-ghosting technology. 4 zones of lighting control. 20-million keystroke durability
- 802.11ac 2×2 Wi-Fi (up to 6x faster than traditional BGN); Bluetooth 4.1, 3x USB 3.0, 1x USB 3.1 (Type C), 1x USB 2.0, 1x HDMI, 1x Mini DisplayPort, 1x headphone/Mic jack, and 1x RJ45 LAN port
- Max Memory: 32 GB
3. Dell Alienware 17″ Gaming Laptop
While this might not be the most mobile of laptops, it’s well-suited as a temporary workstation if you can’t dedicate a spot for a computer.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8750H 6-Core, 9MB Cache, up to 3.9GHz w/Turbo Boost
- 8GB 2400MHz DDR4, 1x8GB
- 1TB [Hybrid] HDD, + 8 GB SSD, No Optical Drive
- 17.3-inch FHD 1920 x 1080, IPS Anti-Glare, 300-nits
- Be more productive. Windows 10 is the best for bringing ideas forward and getting things done.
4. GIGABYTE Aero 15″ Gaming Laptop
With uncommon battery endurance, this is a good option if you can only have one PC and need to carry it around.
- 15.6″ 5mm Thin Bezel FHD 144Hz Pantone X-Rite 1920×1080 IPS anti-glare display LCD
- Intel Core i7-8750H (2.2GHz-4.1GHz) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GDDR5 8GB Max Q Supports NVIDIA Optimus Technology
- 16 GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory 512GB M.2 NVME PCIe Gen3 x4 SSD Windows 10 Home
- 94.24Wh 10hrs Long Battery Life Gigabyte Fusion Per Key RGB Keyboard Dolby ATMOS Gaming Thunderbolt3, SD Card Reader(UHS-II)
- 14 x 9.8 x 0.78″ 4.62 Ib. 2 years global warranty
- Maximum Memory: 32 GB
4. Samsung Odyssey 15″ Gaming Laptop
This laptop didn’t do so well with critics. Reviewers frequently commented on its price, look, build, and quality. With that said, it might still be worth your money, especially when you can take advantage of rebates and if you don’t plan on carrying your laptop around very often.
- Engineering innovation for advanced cooling and relentless power.
- Color precise viewing
- 1 TB Flash Memory Solid State
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
5. ASUS TOG G701VI OC Edition 17″ Laptop
This large and powerful laptop is a bit bulky to carry around on a regular basis, but it makes a very powerful temporary station if you can’t dedicate a spot for it.
- Latest-generation NVIDIA GTX 1080 8GB Graphics Card, Unlocked Intel Core i7-7820HK 2.9 GHz Processor (8M Cache, up to 3.9 GHz)
- Overclockable 32GB DDR4 2800MHz RAM, 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD (256GB x2 RAID0), Windows 10 Pro, CM238 Express Chipset
- 17.3” FHD 1920×1080 G-SYNC Display, 120Hz refresh rate, 178° Viewing angles
- 1x HDMI 2.0 Port, 1x mini Displayport, 802.11ac WiFi 2×2, Bluetooth 4.1, 1x USB 3.1 Type C, 1x Thunderbolt Port (up to 20Gbit/s.), 1x RJ45 LAN Jack, 3x USB 3.0
- Powerful battery rated 93WHrs, 6 cell Li-ion Battery Pack, ESS Sabre headphone DAC and amplifier, Anti-Ghosting (30-Key Rollover), ROG Macro Keys Illuminated Chiclet
6. MSI GE73VR Raider 17″ Gaming Laptop
This imposing laptop is well-suited for your purposes. It will deliver performances comparable to much larger machines.
It’s not a perfect solution mind you; it’s not easy to carry, and I wouldn’t recommend this laptop if you need it to carry it around on a regular basis. If you need something you can move around the office it’s a worthy contender.
- Display: 17.3″ 120Hz 5ms 94% NTSC 1920×1080
- Operating System: Windows 10 Processor: Core i7 7700HQ (2.8 – 3.8 GHz) Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6G GDDR5 RAM: 16GB (16G*1) DDR4 2400MHz
- Hard Drive: 1TB SSD [512GB*2] SSD M.2 SATA [NON-RAID] and 1TB (SATA) 7200rpm Special features: VR READY
- 120Hz 5ms Display. Nahimic 2 Surround Sound System. Cooler Boost 5″
- SteelSeries Full-Color PER KEY RGB Keyboard with Anti-Ghost key with Transparent Key Edges
7. Dell Alienware 17″ Gaming Laptop
This has great power in a format you can haul around the office. This laptop combines some of the best components available today for a portable PC. It just wouldn’t be my pick if I were planning to leave the office with my laptop on a regular basis.
- Intel Core i7-7700HQ (Quad-Core, 6MB Cache, up to 3.8GHz w/Turbo Boost)
- 16GB DDR4 at 2400MHz (2x8GB); 32GB Maximum
- 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s; No Optical Drive
- NVIDIA GTX 1070
- 17.3 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare 300-nits Display
- Max Memory: 16 GB
Need Help Finding The Right Laptop for Maya 3D? Contact us at eSOZO in Flemington, NJ.
Follow eSOZO on Social Media