You may be diligently searching the Web for qualified IT support in NJ that caters to its clients in very specific ways but are coming up empty-handed. It can be a frustrating runaround attempting to locate the computer help desk services in New Jersey that will be able to accommodate your business in the most complimentary way. But, with eSOZO there’s hope for NJ businesses who want specialized service that gives them around-the-clock solutions to all manner of IT issues.
Our clients love the fact that they can submit a help desk ticket with us anytime — 24-7-365. Such round-the-clock access to help for computer problems of all types means that when something goes wrong, we’re on it within the hour, and usually have it solved same-day.
But, many people ask — Help Desk or Service Desk…is there a difference?
Help Desk or Service Desk – You Get Both with eSOZO
What’s the difference between a Help Desk and Service Desk? Is it just a matter of semantics and terminology or are these in fact very different and distinct disciplines that impact an organization’s IT approach and strategy?
It’s an interesting topic that has lots of different answers, interpretations, and points of view. The answer is, most acceptable, that it is a little bit of both. Although there are basic similarities and differences between the two, eSOZO has conceived our computer help desk services in New Jersey as a system which will best meet your needs.
(We put the “services” in the term “help desk services,” deliberately, after all.)
Why does the help desk vs service desk debate keep resurfacing? We think it’s because the diverse nature of organizations, the services they provide and the users themselves. Some IT professionals have been in the field for 20+ years and some have only been in it a few.
ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) and its processes and terminology have been widely used and adopted by many for some years now. End user’s expectations are constantly changing and higher today than ever before, particularly since the rise of mobile devices and the social web.
The distinction between the help desk and the service desk today is fairly clear-cut, often simply based on how organizations interpret these words and some are more specific to using ITIL guidelines. But, there are no hard and fast rules that mandate the use or best practice. It depends on what works best from an organizational standpoint, an organization’s size and level of IT complexity ultimately meeting your customer and business needs.
For eSOZO and our customers, it’s all about the immediate level of help needed in the moment.
eSOZO makes it easy to get the help you need – with Computer Help Desk Services in New Jersey, we proudly operate as part of the NJ communities we call home!
Let’s start with some of the standards or most widely used definitions of these two terms along with some examples and differences of each:
Help Desk – the IT Help Desk is typically viewed as being more tactical with the primary goal being to help quickly resolve end users’ immediate needs and technical issues and incidents. Computer Help Desk services can be separate or part of a larger Service Desk operation to improve the overall organization’s Customer Services (as in our case).
The ultimate goal of a computer services Help Desk is to resolve end user issues and requests as efficiently and quickly as possible.
Some of the key traits of a superior computer Help Desk services (as we see it) are:
- It acts as a single point of contact (SPOC) for IT Support.
- Uses a tracking solution for all incoming incidents.
- Automated ticket tracking, routing and email notifications.
- Basic Incident Management and Problem Management.
- Offers some limited integrations with other IT Service Management Processes.
- Some areas/applications supported by specialty groups outside of the help desk.
- Provides level 1, 2 support and pass incident ownership if escalation is needed
- Problem resolution and escalation procedures
- Manages the Knowledge Base.
- Adheres to Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Self-Service options for end users.
Certain help desk software used by eSOZO offers many of the features listed above, including automatic email to ticket conversion, ticket management, automated routing, prioritization, service level agreements, automatic email notifications, reporting, and more. Track-It! also offers an end user web portal where users can log tickets or check the status of their existing tickets and a Knowledgebase module where solutions to issues can be documented to help when the same issue is encountered in the future.
Service Desk – the IT Service Desk is thought of as a broader term that is more strategic and cross-organizational. This looks at the business needs rather than being solely focused on resolving the user’s needs and considers the broader business context. The ITIL definition of the Service Desk (Service Operation) is the Single Point of Contact between the Service Provider and the Users. A typical Service Desk manages Incidents and Service Requests and also handles communication with Users.
The Service Desk typically has a help desk component and should have an overall goal of improving IT and business processes across the organization looking for opportunities for all IT processes (including the Help Desk) to run more efficiently.
Some key traits of the Service Desk are:
- Full integration with other IT Service Management processes.
- Act as Single Point of Contact for all IT areas/applications/business processes.
- Integrate with, provide input to and disseminate information from Change. Management, Configuration Management, Release Management and Problem Management.
- Help keep the organization compliant with Service Level Management agreements.
- Self-Service/Service Catalog (Although these are sometimes for more advanced. implementations, I would say that these can also be part of Help Desk solutions as well as this is becoming table stakes for users).
- Integrate with CMDB, Asset Discovery, and Asset Management.
Here are some additional and important capabilities to consider for a Help Desk and Service Desk deployment (eSOZO gives you both in one single, streamlined platform):
- Enabling a Mobile IT user solution provides more self-service and user enabled capabilities in your business user’s hands and reduces the resource burden on the Service Desk and Help Desk.
- Providing an Intuitive User Experience that empowers your business users by making it easy for them to get service, support, information, and apps no matter where they are.
- Enabling Business or Process Automation to help drive greater responsiveness, efficiency, and standardization in your service management operations allowing you to respond to the growing challenges of scale and new demands from the business by automating repetitive and time-consuming tasks.
- Better decision-support capabilities with actionable intelligence to help your IT Service Management organization manage the evolving challenges of delivering effective service in increasingly complex environments. Provide your teams with a detailed view of your infrastructure and its dependencies with diagnostic data, performance information, and actionable knowledge.
Ready for the Reliable Computer Help Desk Services New Jersey Companies Need to Stay on Their A-Game?
If so, then give eSOZO a call at (888) 376-9648 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to get the kind of computer help desk services New Jersey companies just like yours need to keep all adverse contingencies at bay and remain as competitive and productive as possible!
Author: Aaron White, Date: 8th January 2018