Prinergy is a prepress workflow system created by Creo in 1999 and maintained and sold through Kodak. It’s a client/server system that integrates Whitepaper creation, job proofing, imposition, and a raster image processor (RIP) into one unified workflow.
1. Prinergy Allows You To Produce Master Plates Of All Types.
The Prinergy system was designed from the ground up to automatically perform all functions on data that’s necessary to take a digital file through a series of workflow steps to produce a master plate for offset, gravure or flexographic printing.
How This Works:
- The Whitepaper is first processed (normalized) with sanity checks to ensure it won’t cause the RIP to fail at later stages.
- Then it’s color-managed, meaning that the necessary color management and ICC profiles are attached to images and text.
- It’s then “trapped” where colors join in a document. A slight overlap is created so white space doesn’t show on printing due to minute registration errors.
- After the Postscript or PDF is processed (refined) into the system, the operator has the option of a number of choices including sending single pages out to a proofer or imposing the pages into a signature for platemaking.
2. Your Print Job Information Is Stored Securely & Is Readily Accessible.
All job information and file metadata are stored in an Oracle database, and content is stored as Adobe whitepaper or paper/X. Production control is stored in an Adobe Portable Job Ticket Format, or Job Definition Format (JDF). Prinergy also has archival and retrieval capabilities.
3. Prinergy Keeps Your Costs Under Control.
Prinergy helps you keep costs, quality and business risk in control. Kodak’s studies show that those who use their Rules Based Automation with Prinergy spend only 3-4% on prepress labor and materials. As a result, they experienced a:
- 10-20% increase in productivity with basic rules like automated preflight and auto-archiving.
- 30-60% reduction in prepress costs when used with Prinergy and InSite Software.
- 1-2% addition to profit margins.
With Prinergy you’ll have a:
- Single, integrated workflow for conventional and digital printing.
- Reduced need for manual touchpoints.
- Solution to eliminate bottlenecks and increase throughput.
- Best-in-class output quality that’s cost-effective.
- System that will customize automation rules, boost productivity and help you save on costs.
4. Prinergy Helps To Eliminate Errors With Rules Based Automation.
Prinergy uses Rules Based Automation (RBA) that allows you to automate frequently performed tasks like manual events, business processes, or daily step in your printing production workflow. This eliminates errors, speeds up processes and lowers cost.
Rules-Based Automation is a logic-based automation technology that allows you to specify simple but powerful rules. It runs in the background, and as soon as a specified event occurs, it immediately triggers the specified action. The possibilities are limited only by the number of events your system can see and the number of actions it can perform.
Tailor-made events and actions are available in Prinergy’s Rules Based Automation Rule Builder. This means that you can create rules that respond to specific events generated by another system, and you can incorporate specific actions that will be executed by that system. Mixing events and actions from multiple systems is fully supported and makes Rules-Based Automation a powerful integration platform.
5. Prinergy Provides Flexibility and Increased Productivity.
You can use Prinergy with a range of digital devices including HP and EFI. And it’s compatible with third-party solutions, software and equipment. It also provides customizable automation capabilities that allow you to boost productivity and savings.
With Prinergy you can organize all stages of print production, enabling your print business to run much more effortlessly and efficiently.
6. You Can Integrate Prinergy With Third-Party Systems.
Prinergy’s Rules-Based Automation can also act as an integration layer between multiple software and hardware systems. It’s able to read and parse XML data, which allows for data-rich communication between an outside system and Rules-Based Automation.
If you have a home-grown workflow, digital and offset presses from multiple vendors, or an extensive Management Information System (MIS) or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, chances are that it can be integrated with Rules-Based Automation. Many of Kodak’s products and components have been integrated directly into Rules-Based Automation, including:
• Kodak Prinergy Business Link Software
• Kodak Digimaster Digital Production Systems
• Kodak NexPress Digital Production Color Presses
• Kodak InSite Prepress Portal Software
• Kodak InSite Creative Workflow Software
• Packaging Layout Automation for Kodak Prinergy Workflow for Packaging
For these systems, tailor-made events and actions are available in the Rules Based Automation Rule Builder. This means that you can create rules that respond to specific events generated by the other system, and you can incorporate specific actions that will be executed by that system. Mixing events and actions from multiple systems is fully supported and makes Rules-Based Automation a powerful integration platform.
7. Printers Around The World Use Prinergy.
Virtually all flexographic, offset and digital packaging, and offset commercial printers around the world use Prinergy as their central workflow management system, as well as thousands of smaller sheet-fed offset printers. Over 100,000 artwork files and pages are processed every day using Prinergy.
Sources: Wikipedia, www. kodak.com/us/en/prinergy
Want to learn more about Prinergy Prepress for your printing business? Contact the experts at eSOZO.